This weekend we are at David's house. We finished our intercession class; three credits done in two weeks! And I am pretty certain we both made A's. And now I will get a little break from classes for a few weeks. Although I start work in the meantime! This Monday I have orientation at the hospital, I'm excited! It will be an experience for sure.. It is going to be a lot different from nursing school however, not being allowed to do any skills, but I think it will make me more appreciative for the education I am getting and it will still be a good experience just being in the hospital.
But anyhow! It has been a good weekend at David's so far. I love having somewhere that feels like home where I can just relax and be apart of a family. I am so grateful for David and his family. I love being able to visit!
Today David and I decided to run together! I was a bit nervous at first because I didn't want him to see me do badly, haha. He is just so physically fit and I am nowhere near the level he is. It's just slightly intimidating working out with him haha. He just knows more than I do. But anyways. We ran together. And it went pretty well! I had to stop and take a couple walking breaks however.. There were a lot of hills along our course today. David lives kind of up on a small mountain (haha) so there was a lot of ups and downs today. Those hills worked out my glutes, hams, and just the whole backside of my legs today. I haven't really worked that part of my body as much yet. I wish I could have made it the whole way without walking but it was a longer distance plus the incline so I am still decently proud of myself. I beat my fastest mile time! I cut off a lot of time on the mile, about a minute and a half! And average mile time I beat (although this did not add in the walking..). But my stats for today are as follows:
Distance: 1.84 miles
Total time: 17min 4sec
Avg mile: 9min 15sec
First mile: 8min 39sec
Swam a little afterwards (water felt so good!)
Did 13 pull ups on the diving board
(yes the water made it super easy, haha)
then while holding on the side of the pool, with my back against the edge I held my legs out straight and held with my abs for a minute. (yes I know.. Water makes it super easy and David kind of laughed at me haha)
My legs are definitely tired from today's run. I upped the difficulty quite a bit and the distance was longer. I also beat my fastest mile time and I feel pretty good about today's workout. Oh! And today would technically be day four. On day three I ended up taking a break. David and I were going to run but we ate at a friends house and ended up visiting longer than we thought. But you need a day off every now and then. You shouldn't be working out every single day so I don't feel too bad about a day off. But anyways, we are off to David's cousins graduation party so hope you have a good day!

No comments:
Post a Comment