I just want to take both classes, online, at the same place. Is that so much to ask!? I don't really think so! If only If only, Harding offered classes I need online.. in which they never do anything for me that I need them to do. Haha, but forreal. In saying this I have applied and enrolled in three different community colleges trying to get the two classes I need.
First, I am already enrolled at Ventura College in California, since I have taken classes there before. BUT, they only offer the english class I need, and not the history. Since that was the case I went ahead and applied to Beebe, because I knew Harding approved of their course equivalents. After applying and enrolling in the course I was gladly told that I would be owing $540, for ONE class! Yes this is still cheaper than a course at Harding, but who has that kind of money!? I am still enrolled in case I cannot find a class elsewhere, but its still dumb. Its especially dumb that the price is so much higher because I am having to pay out-of-state tuition. I have spent a lot more time in Arkansas than California in the past three years. I am practically a citizen! Oh wait.... You know what I mean!
Second, I am trying to not have to pay so much money for GEN-EDs. So now I have enrolled in another college in California, hoping to take both courses there so I do not have to pay ANY money out of pocket, except for books. Thank you Board of Goveners Fee Waiver!! HOWEVER.... Since I do not have priority registration there either, being a new student, I am wait-listed for American History. I am crossing my fingers that I will be able to get into this class. The odds, however, are not so much in my favor... (catch that reference there?). I am listed 9th out of ten on the wait list... gross. Oh well, all I can do is hope!
Until then I am hoping that ASU Beebe and College of the Canyons (Cali) will hurry up and accept my Composition I prerequisite so that I can enroll in the English class I need. I am not worried about them filling up at either school though. I AM worried about it filling up at Ventura but I probably will not be taking that class there anyways since I have applied to College of the Canyons..
What I do to try and get into online classes.... I'M JUST TRYING TO GRADUATE!!
Lauren! You might try LSU online- they are super cheap- I think 260 for a 3-credit class.
ReplyDeleteI have heard that! I may try it out. Although it looks like I may be getting into both classes in California, so keeping fingers crossed! Thanks for the info! :)
ReplyDelete