So, It may be due to living with someone who is engaged and has started to wedding plan for her wedding next summer, or it may be because I have just found the most amazing man I could have ever imagined I'd find :)
(Yes Dad, I'm "giddy in love," haha.)
Either way I have been on a gathering wedding ideas kick for the last two days. This did not work so well in my favor yesterday as I was supposed to be studying for the final I had today. (which may have now have been suffered through for nothing- frustrated! More on that later though..) But for about a total of five hours I was either looking through wedding pictures and blogs and picking out things I like orrrrr planning this amazing and secret trip that I want to go on the summer right after I graduate (Which may be in December/January now..... let the frustration set in!) But I cannot talk about that trip on here, its a secret! Even though I have already asked David for a little input. But to his un-knowledge (?) I have had something like this in mind for a while :D I just wanted to know what he thought about a trip after we graduate. So hopefully after he reads this he will forget all about it! :D haha jk.. I have all of a sudden been thinking that I wont be able to do all of this alone like I thought I would.. ugh. Oh well. Just as long as he knows that I have been thinking about him and this idea since the middle of the school year :)
SO! Back to the wedding stuff! I was never that little girl who dreamed up her future perfect wedding or had her barbie and ken doll marry each other. (They just lived together- whoops!) I just never gave it any thought, like a lot of other little girls my age did. Even as I grew up it wasn't something I really thought about, I just knew I always wanted to be married and have a family, and be a mom. I never thought about the wedding aspect of it. For all I have ever cared, up until recently, I could have just gone and eloped or married in a courthouse and never give it a lick of thought. (Although my parents would KILL me!) I think weddings have just always intimidated me.. because I am a perfectionist when it comes to the things I create. I dont create much needless to say. But when I do I want it to go how I want it to go and I dont want anything being messed up! I basically just don't like messing things up or doing something wrong is what it comes down to. Ask David, even with us, I just want everything to be perfect.. which it cant always be. Maybe being with him and realizing that not everything can be perfect kind of eased the idea that a wedding isn't necessarily going to go perfectly either.
Another thing! When people talk about weddings they are always these huge expensive extravagant things! Not saying that mine wont be, but not in the ways that many weddings are. I promise you I will have the cheapest wedding I can have and it will still look amazing. I just really like the look of some of the vintage wedding ideas I have. I have gathered some pictures off line that give me a bit of inspiration for whenever I will begin planning that day. I want it to be at a beautiful venue, but the decorations will be vintage-y, and simple, and most of them will be DIY. I have seen a few different weddings some being people I know from Harding, others being rando people I find online but their DIY's and vintage-ish themes were gorgeous. I just think its classy, and simply just pretty!! haha. But when the words simple, beautiful, vintage, not-going-to-completely-blow-the-back-pockets-off-all-my-jeans=perfection (in my mind)!
Anyways, needless to say I spent hours yesterday and didnt study as much as I probably should have for my test- leading me to get a C... but I am so over these summer classes. Ugh.. I want to think about happy things instead! And now I am completely done with my classes for the summer! And to celebrate I looked around a little more at wedding stuff! Then passed out on the couch for like three and a half hours.. which reminds me- I'm hungry. I think I will head off here and make some food. And then maybe look at wedding stuff again :D Idk why, but it is just so much fun! I love it, and its such a nice break from studying all summer. This all is just making me so excited to get married one day, to the man of my dreams :)
-A girl in love.
No comments:
Post a Comment