Sunday, July 17, 2011

Last Week in Searcy for a Bit..

First of all, this summer has gone by so quickly. Like I really cannot believe that it is almost over! Granted we have about a month of summer left, but still! This week is my FINAL week of school for the summer, needless to say I am STOKED. But it is a bit bittersweet. I am happy school will be done and I will finally be able to relax, but it also means that I have to leave.. Don't get me wrong I am excited to see my friends and family out in Cali but I am going to miss living with Bri so much. This summer has been truely fantastic with her! I couldn't have asked for a better housemate. (Unless it was a husband.... hehe). I have just had so much fun living with her and everything worked out so well. I am also going to be sad being able to live in my own house, and not in a dorm or my parents house. Love my family to death but I don't really miss living at home. I especially do not miss living in the dorm!!

BUT! Most importantly I am going to miss the man of my dreams. [If you hate reading sappy stuff, just spare yourself and leave this page now!] I have been so grateful to live near him this summer. It has allowed us to see each other and visit each other frequently, and that it more than most couples get to do during the summer away from school. I was extremely grateful for his family and his parents in particular. They were so gracious enough to let me live with them for two weeks at the beginning of summer before I was able to move into my house. That really meant so much to me, and it was so great getting to know them on such a personal level. I love his family so much, they really mean the world to me. They have made me feel so included and loved. They didn't have to open up their home to me but they did, and I really can't say thank you enough. I have also been able to visit David several times this summer. We usually alternate weekends when I will visit him then he will come visit me. He has come here to see me more I believe but I have spent a handful of weekends with him. I just really like being able to have that family atmosphere and have that time to spend with him. I love just relaxing and talking to David so much. We don't always do that a whole lot, most the time we are watching tv or playing video games or I am studying, etc, etc. But when we really do just get to sit down and just talk about whatever, I love it so much. That was one thing that I really loved about him when we first met and started dating. He is just so easy to talk to (most of the time! hehe) Like the first day we had ever hung out we literally talked for eight hours straight! About what?? I really don't know.. but it happened! I think it is important to still make time and do that. Everyone gets so busy in their day and when they relax they want to just veg out in front of the TV or computer etc, me included! But sometimes it really is just great to sit in silence and just be with that person. And thats really one of my favorite things to do with David, and I sometimes wish we did it more! :) I have just been so busy a lot of the time, which I really hate. Pretty much all of every weekend we have spent together I have to study for a large chunk of time. I wish I would have been able to just spend that time more with him, but it has never really happened. That has been the only downfall to living on my own but still having to take classes.. the work. And its mostly just busy work, and studying of course. I just wish It wouldnt have kept me from spending more time with him.

Ok so recap over some of the things David and I have done this summer:
-Went to riverfest and saw Mike Posner! and Nelly! I have always wanted to do that, to go to a concert with friends or especially a boyfriend. It was just so much fun, and I hope we get to do it many more times :)
-Gone swimming in his marvelous pool. And I have watched him do cool trick shots with a basketball hoop (with backboard) he made.. and get to see him do all these amazing flips that I could never do and am too scared to try (I can barely even gather the courage to dive off of the diving board, and I still dont do it correctly!) I have tried making a certain shot though, that mark my words I will make one day soon!
-Made food together. One time at his house we attempted to make brownies, and they didnt cook long enough.. idk what happened to them. Another time we made breakfest for lunch at my house and needless to say I burnt my finger then smoked up the whole entire house! (This was the day before I burnt the crap out of my hand!) I really showed him my cooking skills that weekend. I think he is scared to ever live with me and have me cook for him lol.
-Gone to the mall! Ok so I really liked shopping with him. It was fun to pick things out and I had fun trying things on and modeling for him! hehe. I also just liked being able to walk around in public with him, and be a cute little couple together! :) He is just really good at shopping though. I know if it were my brother he would want to get out of the store or at least go do his own thing while my sister and I or my mom shopped. But David was really good, even when it was a store that only I could shop in! And he would tell me if he liked things or not (except one time when I was trying to decide between a light grey and a dark gray cardigan and he didnt care either way... haha. Thankfully some random girl told me which one she liked better, lol) But I just had a really fun time with him!
Gone to the movies!! Later that night when we went to the mall we went and saw Bad Teacher, funny movie! We were kind of bummed that the theater turned out to be just as bad as searcy's but the funniness of the movie made up for it! This summer we have also seen Transformers 3 (AMAZING!!! Made me want to chant USA for the rest of the night!) We saw Horrible Bosses, which was funny as well. And then this weekend we went and saw the final Harry Potter!! Oh my word it was great, so sad it is finally over though.. But I like going and seeing movies with him. And we like similar kinds of movies so it works out great! I also like being a typical couple and doing the whole holding hands occasionally kind of thing. We arent into the kissing during the movie though, we actually like to watch it, hehe. Maybe one day we will have to just go to a crappy movie and be THAT couple.. haha.

Ok, and one thing we have done that really not all couple do and something that I have really enjoyed was going to church together. First of all, it just really means so much to me that I have found someone who shares my faith. Used to I never thought I would find someone who really does believe all the things that I do as well. We view many things so similarly. It works out really well. But I especially have liked going to his church with him. Its been nice to really go to a church and feel like I belong again. That may be partially because he has always gone there. But I am starting to meet people and make new friends and acquaintances. Its just really nice.. Its the closest I have come to feeling like having a home church again since I have left home, and I really enjoy that. I like going to class and service, and singing, and praying, and just doing everything with him. This is a bit outside of church, but I really love praying with him as well. Like when it is just the two of us.. thats something we really havent done for a while, at least not out loud with one another. I pray for the both of us very frequently, but mostly just to myself. David is just the first guy that has ever prayed out loud both with and for me. I have never had anyone do that for me. It is truly so amazing to pray with someone like that. We havent done it as often as we did in the school year, but that may also be because we see each other more then, Im not sure. But I think I just decided to make sure we do that at least once every weekend when we see eachother this summer. (Which there is only just a couple more weekends we will have like that before school starts!)

I am just curious to see how our relationship will change or differ when school starts. It has had a bit of a different vibe since we have been out of school. So I am just really interested to see what it will be like when school starts again and we see eachother every day and sit in chapel together! (Don't worry we wont be one of those couples! haha) And I believe I also enabled him today to make me work out every day during the school year, haha. Which I really need to, I really do honestly love to workout, and run and all of that but I just never make the time to. And I think I have come to a couple of conclusions: first, I have always needed someone to tell me what to do. I only ever worked out because of sports and going to practices. Since I have been on my own I dont really know what to do. I think I just really need someone to be like ok lets go and give me a bit of guidance. Which brings me to number two, I just dont know how to work out. I mean I know different things to do, but I dont know how to get my butt looking like it did two years ago or how to trim some tummy or side fat.. Idk how to do that! I think all in all me not knowing how to do all this keeps me from going to work out. Because I know running is not enough, but its mostly what I know how to do.. which is what I should have realized when have a conversation with David about this the other day.. Its not that I dont like doing it or dont care, but Idk what to do or how to get started.. I dont have the knowledge so therefore I just find something else to do instead and I dont make time to work out in any way.

So wow, I got carried away a bit there. But anyways: David, when you read this, I am appointing you as my new physical trainer! haha. (idk what I just got myself into, lol) But back to the school year. it will just be so much different because we will be back in dorms and not able to hang out like we have been able to this summer. But I still think It will be good. I have liked being able to learn how to live on my own.. getting myself ready for life after college and married life!!! Yes I said married.. hehe. Not sure when exactly that will happen, but I know who it is going to be with. I mean at least I think I do! I know who I want to marry, he jst has to say yes.... wait.. isn't that supposed to go the other way around.. He is supposed to ask me right? lol. Idk, David and I have already begun talking about all of our future possibilities together and it just gets me so excited. I really do want to spend the rest of my life with him. I have come to know him and love him so much and I have come to know his family and background.. Ahhh I just love him :) And for the most part I really do think we work so perfectly with each other. I am just so excited to see how the rest of school goes together and just our lives together in general. He is truly amazing in every way.

And for a final exciting memo: He will be at my house in California in three weeks!! Three weeks from tomorrow to be exact! I have been looking forward for this for so long! He has already been able to meet my Mom in person which was just wonderful and he has met everyone else through skype, but I am just so excited about him being able to stay with me in California for a little over a week, it is really going to be so great! :) I have already planned out a few things I was to get to do, and I am just so excited!! haha. I will be leaving to go home either this following weekend or sometime during the next week and just a week and a half to two weeks late he gets to join me!! I just know it will be fantastic :) Ahhhh!! haha, ok, I will calm down now. I just cannot believe it is almost here. I cant wait for him to get to meet my whole family in person and for them to just love him! :D

Ok, so I really would love to talk more but I just realized it is after ten and I have been writing this without stopping for like the past 45minutes, haha. Why isnt it this easy to write essays for school!? GEEZE! Maybe because I just love writing and talking about stuff that matters :) David, and life.. school stuff is dumb, haha. But I am almost done!! And then in a month Nursing School from hell hits me.. haha, jk. It will be great but I officially wont have a life anymore.. bleh. ok But I need to finish stuff for my nursing class that is due tomorrow, haha. Over and Out!

<3 Lauren :)

No comments:

Post a Comment